Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers
A recipe for gorgeous poblano peppers stuffed with Cajun seasoned shrimp, Manchego and goat cheese, and basil, then baked or grilled.
- Roast the poblano peppers in an oven on BROIL, not too close to the heat source for 15 minutes, or until the skins puff up and char. FLip them halfway through to get both sides. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then peel off the skins.
- Slice the poblano peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides. Set onto a large baking dish.
- Add the shrimp to a mixing bowl and coat with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Toss with Cajun seasonings.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook the onion and peppers about 5 minutes, softening them up.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute. Scoop the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Cook the shrimp in the same pan a couple minutes per side, until cooked through. Cool and chop. Into a mixing bowl they go.
- Add cheeses, basil and hot sauce (if using). Mix well.
- Scoop the mixture into the peppers and bake 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees F, to your preference.
- Top with fresh cilantro, spicy chili flakes, and serve with extra hot sauce!