Broccoli, Beet and Kale Brown Rice Bowls with Pesto
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. While the rice is cooking, prepare the veggies.
- Heat the oil over medium-high in a skillet or wok. Add the chopped beet, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beet turns bright red and begins to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and red onion and replace the cover. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the broccoli turns bright green and has softened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and kale, cover, and cook until kale has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and pesto sauce and stir together well so that everything is combined and heated through. Taste the mixture for flavor and add sea salt to taste. Serve heaping bowls with additional pesto sauce to taste.