Blistered Shishito Peppers with Sausage and a Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- Cut the sausage into 1/2" rounds.
- Heat a 12" cast iron skillet over high heat until it is smoking.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shishito peppers with 2 teaspoons of the canola oil until they are well coated.
- Cook the shishito peppers in the cast iron skillet for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until they blister in places.
- Place the peppers back in the bowl and season well with kosher salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and add 2 more teaspoons of oil to the skillet, then add the sausage rounds.
- Cook the sausage for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Add the peppers back to the skillet to warm through.
- To make the sauce; combine the sraracha with the mayonnaise in a small bowl. Add more sraracha if you prefer it spicier.
- Serve the peppers and sausage over the rice and drizzle the sauce on top.