Blistered Shishito Peppers with a Lemony Whipped Goat Cheese Dip
PreparationFor the peppers
- Heat olive oil in a medium to large sauté pan until hot but not smoking.
- Add the peppers and cook them over medium, tossing and turning them frequently until they blister. They shouldn’t char except in places approx 5-7 minutes to cook a panful of peppers.
- Remove from heat when done and toss them with sea salt. Slide the peppers into a bowl and serve them hot.
- Pick them up by the stem end and eat the whole thing, discarding the stem. Or enjoy them dipped into the goat cheese dip
- Place goat cheese, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, approx 1 minute.
- Pour into serving bowl and enjoy with your shishito peppers