Beet and Carrot Salad with Curry Dressing and Pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss pistachios and 1 tsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt. Roast, tossing once, until pistachios are golden brown, 5–7 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, bring curry powder and remaining ½ cup oil to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, swirling occasionally. Let cool.
- Blend garlic, vinegar, and mustard in a blender, then, with motor running, stream in curry oil. Blend until dressing is very smooth and thick; season with salt.
- Toss beets and half of dressing in a medium bowl; season with salt. Let sit until beets soften slightly, 8–10 minutes.
- Add carrots and remaining dressing and toss to combine; season with salt and lemon juice. Serve topped with pistachios.
- Do Ahead: Curry dressing can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.