Baked Zucchini, Tomato, Basil, and Mozarella Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash the zucchini and the tomatoes.
- Slice the zucchini and place the round pieces in a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and a little bit of garlic powder over them and mix gently to coat the vegetables. Set aside.
- Repeat the step with the sliced tomatoes.
- Butter an 8x8-inch glass baking dish and arrange the slices of zucchini in the dish, alternating with slices of mozzarella cheese and tomato, so that the slices overlap each other in a neat row pattern.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and add the crushed garlic and the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh chopped basil on top.