Amazing Apricot Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken thighs on both sides with salt. Carefully place chicken thighs, skin side down, in skillet. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the chicken releases easily from the pan and skin is golden.
- Flip chicken thighs so skin side is up and place in oven. Cook 15 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully transfer chicken to a plate; set aside. Pour out oil into a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Be careful to use a potholder or towel as you proceed with the recipe; the handle of the skillet will be very hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of drippings to skillet and place over medium heat. Add the apricots and sautée about 4-5 minutes until softened. Remove to plate with chicken; return skillet to stove.
- Add 1 tablespoon of drippings to skillet. Add shallots and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Pour in white wine and stir with a wire whisk or wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil then add maple syrup, chicken stock, and fresh rosemary. Return to a boil and cook until reduced by half.
- Return chicken and apricots to skillet and use a spoon to coat chicken with sauce. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil to finish. Serve over grains or starch of choice, like rice, quinoa, couscous, cauliflower rice, or mashed potatoes.