Acorn Squash with Kale and Sausage
- Heat oven to 375°. Cut a thin slice off round side of each squash half to create a stable base. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray.
- Place squash flesh side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake until golden and tender, 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; flip squash and set aside. Heat broiler.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add sausage; cook, breaking into coarse pieces, until brown, 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
- To the same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and onion; cook until soft, 3 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook, 30 seconds.
- Add kale and oregano and toss; add broth. Cover and cook until kale is tender, 5 minutes
- Stir in sausage. Divide kale-sausage filling among squash.
- In a bowl, combine walnuts, Parmesan and panko; sprinkle evenly over squash bowls and coat with cooking spray. Broil until panko is golden, 2 minutes. (optional)